Friday 6 November 2015

'Did I Influence Her In Any Way'?


You will agree with me that, sometimes, people come into our lives for such a short time and then they are gone! Before I can preach to them or actively cause any impact on them, they are gone and I am left wondering whether I did right...

 
“If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit” (Galatians 5:25).

 

Sometimes, I am saddened by the fact that people exit my life without giving their lives to Christ! I then rebuke myself for having not done much more to win them over. So many thoughts go through my mind. However, I do not berate myself that much because I know that I keep in step with the Spirit of GOD. By His grace, l always do what I am supposed to do in people’s lives.

 

However, since I am so used to ‘doing’, I will often forget that GOD brings some people into my life to ‘do’ and I thank Him for that! However, because they are not born again, I sometimes ‘miss it’. Nevertheless, I purpose to (consciously but also without conscious effort) do all that I can do to bring them closer to GOD than they were when I first met them. I also purpose to be humble enough to let people do what they are supposed to do in my life.

 

Prayer

 

Dear GOD, sometimes, I go on about my daily errands mindless of whether I am influencing those that you bring into my life. Please forgive me. I now purpose to influence everyone by my character and by my words so that they leave changed.

 

I am also aware that you, sometimes, bring them to me so that they can influence me in some way. I thank you, LORD. Give me the grace to be humble enough to receive from them regardless of whether they have given their lives to you or not.

 

Father, some do not even want to listen to me preach to them. Give me the grace to preach to them even without words. Let my actions be the gospel of peace that words could never have preached. In Jesus’ name, I have prayed, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment