Monday 16 November 2015

'STEP'

“Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit” (Galatians 5:25).
 
For about two weeks now, GOD has been reminding me to keep in step with His Spirit. However, I did not know that the examination would be a hard one to pass and that it would have do with mercy. I needed to forgive, release peace instead of strife and then maintain my joy in salvation.
27th August 2015
Winds of mercy are blowing right now. May they embrace you.
 
14th November 2015
 
We are in a season of mercy, humility, submission, and reconciliation.
 
Whenever GOD tells us to forgive others and reconcile with them, spiritual promotion is around the corner. In fact, it is interesting that your way up is down. When you humble yourself, you are exalted.
 
Now, in August, GOD spoke to me about mercy and then He said it again a few days back. This was right after a bout of anger. You see, the Spirit of GOD revealed what two people said against me and I was livid. However, in a matter of minutes, the same Spirit told me to have mercy! To be honest with you, I was so comfortable being angry that I did not want to release them but because GOD instructed me to do so, I did. Now, I did not know that He was talking to me not only about those two people but also about someone else who was going to hurt me so deeply that I would need to be merciful towards her. Without warning, just last night it happened! Someone, to whom I have done no wrong by the grace of GOD, wronged me again. I was more than livid.
  
“Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord” (Romans 12:17-19).
 
The gentle morning hours found me on the warpath. I opened my mouth and pronounced vile words upon her! I justified myself as I fought on and did not even want to forgive her or bless her. Nonetheless, as I continued in my tirade, the Spirit of GOD rushed in and told me to bless. He reminded me that He had brought me to that place to bless not to curse. He slowly prized my fingers off my ‘weapon of cursing’ and helped me to forgive. He also reminded me that it is His to avenge and mine to bless, so, I began blessing my enemy even if it was not easy.
 
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful” (Colossians 3:15).
 
Just then, He reminded me to thank Him for the attack and I painfully did so. I must tell you that as soon as I thanked GOD for the attack, the pain abated. As I continued to bless her, I felt relief even as I reached out for the plunder. I decreed and declared what I would like to have in all areas of my life and I thanked GOD for answering.
 
Now, again, I want to tell you that the winds of change are blowing and they bring mercy with them. Do not miss the chance to be merciful. I know that it is painful but also that this is hard to achieve but the Spirit of GOD will enable you to do what He wants you to do.
 
Prayer
 
Dear GOD, even if by your grace, I live at peace with my enemy she fights me with every opportunity that she gets and sometimes she succeeds. I do not understand why you let this happen but I know that you are the GOD who knows the end from the beginning and I know that this will end one day.
 
Nonetheless, when she attacks me I have sometimes opened my mouth and cursed her. Please forgive me. I know that you command me to bless my enemy but also that I should be thankful when bad things happen to me. Please remind me to do so, always and to remember to leave room for your vengeance.
 
I now, forgive my enemy and bless her. I pray that she will live long on this earth and will enjoy perfect health. I pray that you will bless her in all areas of her life.
 
Father, you have taught me that in every war there is plunder. From this battleground, I now take my plunder in form of power, wealth, marriage, children, anointing, and my uninterruptible connection with you. I thank you, LORD, because you have given me victory and made me plunder my enemy. In Jesus’ name, I have prayed, amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment