Tuesday 27 January 2015

Personal Assistant


At times GOD will speak to me in words taken out of a certain scripture in His word. He will simply say a word that clearly leads me to a certain scripture. Nonetheless, He will not explain it as such, which leads me to simply release the scripture in itself without adding or subtracting anything. Now, what I talk about today is one such word.

 

 

One of the things that operating in the office of the Prophet has taught me is that sometimes the things that happen to me are in essence happening to or about to happen to someone else or to the entire body of Christ. In the same breath, even if a word that GOD gives me applies to me, it may also apply to someone else or be a corporate word. Now, sometimes I will be quick to pass it off as a corporate word and release it as such and that was the case recently.

 

Early one morning, GOD spoke and told me ‘Job well done’. Well, being one who always drives myself hard...I did not think that word was for me. In fact, I did not feel that I had done anything to elicit such approval from GOD! Consequently, I released it as a corporate word. Now, shortly after that, He spoke again in the words, ‘Hephzibah Beulah’. I still did not get it so I again released the scripture as a corporate word.

 

 

“No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, [Hephzibah means my delight is in her.] and your land Beulah; [Beulah means married.] for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married” (Isaiah 62:4).

 

Now, He did not stop there. A few days after that, I met a woman that I had never met before. When I introduced myself to her as Zion she immediately said, ‘BEULAH’ and added that GOD is delighted in me. Even though I later found out that Beulah means married, GOD had made her interpret it as such so that He would communicate to me. Therefore, I finally knew that GOD had been communicating to me as an individual all along though again I wondered how I had managed to please Him...

 

“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty” (Zechariah 4:6).

 

Nevertheless, I remembered that I have made the Holy Spirit my personal assistant. He is the one who helps me in all that I do. To be honest with you, I find most of the ministry opportunities that come my way so daunting that I constantly turn to Him for help. In other words, there is absolutely no way that I would do what I do and please GOD along the way if it were not for the Holy Spirit.

 

While, in the system of the world a personal assistant is lower than his or her superior is, I refer to my Personal Assistant as my Boss. He helps me with those things that I think that I do very well but also with those that I do not do well at all. He steers me from the paths I have come to see as obvious to new paths untraveled before. In fact, sometimes, I do not even add a dot to the book I am writing at the time or even prophesy to anyone but do something totally out of my daily activities and when He looks down, GOD is pleased with me. This is amazing.

 

Now, recently GOD led me to the book of Zechariah, which is one of those books that reminds me of only one scripture Zechariah 4:6. In other words, whenever I think about it or I am referred to it I remember that it is not by my might and that I need to lean more to the Spirit of GOD and make Him my Personal Assistant.

 

 

Today, I wonder if you have also made the Holy Spirit your Personal Assistant...and if GOD would be delighted in you if He looked down. You see, when you allow Him to steer you GOD looks down on the ninety nine percent that He has done and the one percent that you have done and expresses His delight in you!

 

Prayer

 

Dear GOD, forgive me for being too hard on myself and missing out on your thumbs up. Heavenly Father, I thank you for appreciating me yet it is by your grace that I do what I do. Holy Spirit, I thank you so much for being my Personal Assistant. I also ask you to help me with all my assignments.

 

Father of grace, give me the grace to lose the fear that comes with most of my assignments. I ask you to give me the grace to remember and be secure in the fact that it is not by might nor by power but by your Spirit. In JESUS’ name, I have prayed, amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment