Sunday 1 February 2015

A New But Old Way...

Many do not realize it but GOD’S ways are dynamic. He will often tell me how to pray during a particular season and when that season is over, He will direct me along yet another path. Now, this seemingly new path is one that I have traveled before but had discarded when He led me on the one I have been following. Before long, I will get indication that my prayers have been answered faster along this new but old path than they were along the one He just moved me from.
 
 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:9).
 
Now, a few days back, GOD gave me a new but old form of prayer that I had used long ago but I was so used to my current one that the transition did not come easy. In fact, I felt that I was going back to old ways yet I was supposed to engage in more sophisticated forms of prayer but I was so wrong. You see, GOD’S ways are indeed not our ways. He may sometimes take you forward yet seemingly backward but He has His reasons and they are always the best.  
 
Now, last night He woke me up to ‘keep watch’ after 4.00AM and I did not feel like doing so. However, the Holy Ghost carried me to the altar and took over. As He skillfully guided me along, I felt the change – I felt that something was happening in the spirit. Of course, it was not long before the sun swiftly took the place of the moon and it was time to get ready for work. I soon forgot about the perceived impact of my new but old prayer direction, in the early morning rush, but GOD did not.
 
Consequently, on my way to work, I met someone who reminded me of a time of severe lack and uncertainty in my life. Well, having heard of how good GOD had been to him, I was surprised to see him on foot but I know that that was divine after hearing that he had chosen to take a taxi this morning. As we stood there chatting, we both remembered that time of our lives and acknowledged that GOD had surely watched over us. I particularly remembered the time when he and I had sat in my car and prayed. To see what GOD had done in his life continues to amaze me but also to humble me. GOD led us both to our destinies even though in different directions...  
 
As he and I were getting ready to part ways, he surprised me by prophesying over me and I could not have asked GOD for a better morning. He said things over my life that I had prayed about earlier in my watch and I was glad that I had humbly followed the guidance of the Sprit of GOD in prayer.
 
“See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland” (Isaiah 43:19).
 
For some time now, GOD has been talking to me about doing something new and I must admit that I did not relish the new because I wanted to stick with the old. I wanted to stick with the old because GOD had spoken about it and confirmed it more times than I can remember. However, with this latest occurrence I now realize that GOD knows exactly what He is doing and that the new is actually the old redone. It is indeed the old done afresh.
 
Subsequently, I would like to encourage you to be alert to GOD’S dynamic nature especially in regards to prayer and be willing to follow His leading. He will lead you in an entirely new but old direction that you will hesitate about following but your life will take on an entirely new direction when you let go of your inhibitions and simply follow the Master.
 
In other areas as well, trust GOD to lead you along a new yet old path because He will give you better results.
 
Prayer
 
Dear GOD, I confess that I sometimes get so used to the old ways of praying that I fail to see and comply to the new way yet old way. Please forgive me. I now submit to your guidance and ask you to carry me to my next form of prayer. I know that your wisdom will sometimes entail taking me back to my old prayer mode but I now know that you have a good reason for doing so. I thank you for keeping me alert and pliable to your guidance but I also thank you for the answers attached to this new but old form of prayer. I pray that I am obedient to your leading all the days of my life. In JESUS’ name, I have prayed, amen. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment