Wednesday 20 January 2016

GOD Is Kind

I meet many people and I talk to just as many people. However, not everyone I meet and talk to obeys counsel and this saddens me. Some disobey the voice of GOD and refuse to follow the kingdom principles. However, it is very surprising that GOD is not as hard on them as we are! He is very gracious. GOD is kind.
 
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room
enough for it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit,” says the LORD Almighty” (Malachi 3:10-11).
 
I met a certain woman a few years ago and as we related, GOD spoke. He pointed out areas in which she needed to change and do right with the kingdom of GOD so that her business would prosper but also because GOD expects it of all of us.
 
GOD encouraged her to return His tithe and offering dutifully as well as make some wise decisions concerning growth in her business. Well, she tithed for a while and then stopped! She then refused to take on the financial wisdom accorded her. In fact, at one point GOD said that she was stuck in that situation because of her disobedience. She still did not listen – she did not change!
 
I must admit that she has had to step into the big shoes of her husband and provide for her family seeing that he has had a few setbacks over the years. However, the principles of GOD’S kingdom do not change and we are expected to keep them regardless of what we are going through at any given time.
 
I am usually not very accommodative of people who disobey GOD’S word or instruction. However, something interesting happened today. As I was thinking about her situation and praying for her GOD led me in another direction. He led me to pray for His grace upon her! The grace of GOD is a demonstration of His love for us.
 
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
 
You see, while we were still sinners Christ died for us. When GOD sent His Son and He came to dwell among us, as His word had said through the Prophets, we were still sinners! In fact, because He loved us so much, He accorded us His grace while we were still sinners... He gave us His grace BECAUSE we were sinners! Do you realize that we needed His grace because we were sinners? You and I still need this grace because we do sin unintentionally, sometimes. Of course, this is not to say that we should intentionally disobey Him because that would be taking His grace for granted but that when we do sin, His grace is sufficient to ferry us across!
 
“...But where sin increased, grace increased all the more” (Romans 5:20).
 
“What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning, so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer” (Romans 6:1-2)?
 
“As God’s fellow-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain” (2Corinthians 6:1).
 
As the realization that I just prayed His grace over this woman and her situation regardless of whether she had obeyed the voice of GOD hit me, I marveled at GOD’S kindness. He is much kinder than I am! I was ready to condemn her once again but GOD was gracious enough to turn His face away from her sin! I am certain that her situation is going to change for the better not because of her obedience but because of the grace of GOD.
 
Nonetheless, you must realize that the grace He accords us when we sin, or disobey Him, is available to us before we do. Therefore, we should ask Him for His grace to obey Him. I pray that the woman above will be wise enough to obey GOD but also to apply the true kingdom principles as clearly stipulated in the word of GOD. She should also be wise enough to take divine counsel when given it.
 
Now, I know that GOD has let me share this with you for a reason. He wants to remind you of His grace. Stop condemning yourself and tap into His grace. Even when walking in His grace, remember that He is the GOD who gives us the opportunity to do right next time. Do right next time.
 
Prayer
 
Dear GOD, I confess that I have been too hard on your people. Please forgive me. I now know that your grace is indeed sufficient. I know that even if you require us to be obedient, you are a gracious GOD and will sometimes give us what we desire regardless of our disobedience. Thank you, LORD.
 
I now ask you to help me to be obedient to you and to receive and follow divine counsel. Help me not to take your grace for granted and when I am corrected, may I receive correction and do your word to the letter. I thank you, LORD, because you have done it. In Jesus’ name, I have prayed, amen.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment