Thursday 14 January 2016

GOD Can Handle it - Do Not Defend Him!

Do you, sometimes, feel like ‘defending GOD’? Do you, sometimes, catch yourself in an argument with an intention of defending GOD or His word?
 
“Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels” (2Timothy 2:23). 
 
A few weeks back, a Christian mother who has taken time to instill the word of GOD into her children was faced with a ‘situation’. Someone mentioned some words that seemed to nullify all that she had taught her children and brought them up to believe. Her reaction was human – she had an outburst! She tried to defend GOD and to fight for Him. I had been in her position many times before and, sometimes, I find myself there. Therefore, I understood her reaction even if I did not support it.
 
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it” (Proverbs 22:6).
 
Sometimes, the weapon that Satan uses to attack us is by attacking what we believe in and who we believe in. He attacks our gifts and callings needless to mention our knowledge of the word. Now, since we are human, our first reaction is to try and DEFEND the word of GOD or to try and defend GOD! Well, we cannot defend GOD just as we cannot defend His word – He can do that without our help!
 
“I am watching  to see that my word is fulfilled” (Jeremiah 1:12).
 
GOD watches over His word to see that it is fulfilled – we do not have to defend it. We must keep our peace all the time. We must remember that no one can nullify the word of GOD just as no one can erase all the years of Bible study or fellowship that you have invested in yourself or in your children. In fact, the word of GOD tells us to train up our children in the way that they should go and that they shall not turn from it when they are older. Keep doing what you are doing. Keep feeding them the word of GOD and be encouraged in the truth that they shall never depart from it.
 
“Lamedh Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens” (Psalm 119:89).
 
Satan cannot succeed in making GOD, or His word, appear like a failure because GOD has won already. The word of GOD will not fall to the ground; it will accomplish all that He purposed for it to accomplish. In fact, His word is settled in Heaven regardless of what anyone says or does.
 
“for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable” (Romans 11:29).
 
 
You must also remember that GOD’S gifts are irrevocable. GOD will not repent for giving you the gift that He has given you. Do not try to defend that gift or calling – simply do what He has called you to do and leave the rest to Him. In fact, next time, if you find yourself in a position that demands that you defend GOD, His gifts and callings, His word or His name remember that GOD can handle it. Keep your peace – do not engage in any arguments or put up any defense in reaction to what the devil has said through someone. He may use anyone from your closest friend, family member, a member of your fellowship or even a Pastor. Do not be tempted to react. Your reaction could only lead to a big quarrel that will cost you your peace.
 
Prayer
 
Dear GOD, I have often taken nasty comments about you personally and have ended up trying to defend you while losing my peace along the way. Forgive me, I now know that you are more than able to defend yourself. I also know that the devil’s words can never nullify your word. Teach me to ignore the devil and all those that he uses to steal my peace. Teach me to be silent when I would have defended you using bitter words. Teach me to be so focused on you that the devil does not use me to question your word or your gifts and callings. Let me be so peaceful that I ignore much. Thank you, LORD, because you have done it. In Jesus’ name, I have prayed, amen. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment