Sunday 21 June 2015

Not on My Watch!



I have often said that I am a ‘watchman’...one who never goes away from her 'station'! However, why do certain things happen that should never have happened, on my watch, had I truly been the best watchman in the kingdom of GOD?

Hosea 9:8

“The prophet, along with my God, is the watchman”

I was so saddened when I heard about the killings engineered by Dylann Roof but I was also very disappointed in myself as a ‘watchman’. Where was I when this happened? I was supposed to have known that it was going to happen and avert it. Was I not at my post, as a WATCHMAN? Where was I? Why did I not get an alarm that this was going to happen? As one who operates in the office of the Prophet, I was supposed to have learned about it before it actually happened! I was supposed to avert that attack through intercession! Had I abandoned my post or was I sleeping on duty?

Revelation 10:7
“...just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

This set of questions is only part of many questions I have recently asked myself about what happens around me, especially, in my country (Uganda). While many are busy robbing, raping, or murdering others, where am I? Why did I not hear about it before it happened? Why did I not stand in the gap to ensure that it did not happen?

I do not know if I speak to you and about you as well when I say that I must have drifted off to sleep while on duty! I was caught sleeping on duty and those over whom I was left in charge were killed! Oh, NO!

Now, this latest killing, by Dylann Roof, left me wounded at heart. Why did I not know about it and pray against it. Perhaps it would have been avoided had I been in my place as a watchman or had I been AWAKE. Things such as these should never happen on my watch, which happens to be all the time! Maybe, just one watchman was off duty or sleeping but what about you...where were you?

Isaiah 52:1

“Awake, awake, O Zion, clothe yourself with strength. Put on your garments of splendour, O Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again”.

I feel that we, as the Body of Christ, have gone into a slumber and we need to WAKE UP! We are the security system of the kingdom of GOD here on earth and we need to ‘smell’ danger from afar! We must have all our antennae in place to alert us when something is not right and we must be able to avert it through prayer!

Today, I purpose that I shall put my ear on the heart of GOD and hear His heartbeat. I should be able to hear what is going to happen so that I can help stand in the gap. These evil occurrences should not happen on my watch!

Prayer

Dear GOD, I am tired of hearing about rapes, murders and other such acts of evil. However, I do confess that I went off into a slumber while on duty. Please forgive me. I now arise and put on my garment of strength. I return to my post, LORD, and ask you to release the grace that will keep me awake on duty. Reveal to me things to come so that I can stand in the gap and prayerfully avert danger. I thank you, LORD, because you have done it. In JESUS’ name, I have prayed, amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment