Thursday 22 October 2015

'Maliza'

 
“Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen hat good part, which shall not be taken away from her” (Luke 10:38-42).
 
About three weeks back, I met a woman who I had taken months without meeting. Her name is ‘Maliza’, which is the Luganda version for Martha. Now, we exchanged pleasantries and as we spoke I told her that she was the only Maliza I personally knew. She agreed that they were not many but that there were some. Well, we soon said our goodbyes and went separate ways. Now, I did not know that GOD was telling me something and that I was about to meet a ‘Maliza’.
 
Two days back, I visited with someone who had not been able to meet with me for some time. We shared as the Spirit of GOD led us and then we prayed. However, GOD completely took me by surprise and showed up in a way that He last showed up eight years ago – it was powerful, it was deep and His presence was tangible! He revealed so much and gave her a number of instructions.
 
Now, it so happened that her brother had had an asthma attack and was admitted in the Hospital. Her plan was to go and visit with him and then later continue to a certain Church for overnight prayers. However, during our time with GOD He spoke and told her not to go for the overnight. Later, as we were preparing to part ways, He also instructed her not to go to the Hospital. GOD said that He wanted her to Himself. He then said that He was going to visit her and, as He spoke, I clearly saw the word ‘visitation’ in my mind. In fact, because of the spirit of urgency with which GOD spoke, I turned down her offer to walk me a few meters to the taxi stop – GOD wanted her NOW. Therefore, I quickly bade her goodbye and told her go into His presence.
 
Just yesterday, she called me and told me that when she got home, she prepared a meal and worshiped GOD in song and prayer. She also said that she had a peaceful night as opposed to other nights. However, she said that she had not received the visitation! She had experienced nothing out of the ordinary. Well, I remembered the urgency with which GOD had spoken and I wondered what had happened to deter the visitation. However, GOD was quick to point out that even the peaceful night was part of the visitation.
 
As I kept watch last night, I again asked GOD what had happened. He then spoke and told me, ‘MALIZA’. He said that she went about cooking, as Martha did, instead of sitting at His feet as Mary did! I feel the heart of GOD even as I write this to you. You see, GOD visited her but she was busy cooking instead of being in His presence!
 
Before and shortly after GOD called me into ministry, I was a Martha. I would take to cleaning my house and taking care of all the house chores excellently until the house was sparkling! By the time I would settle down to read the word of GOD and hear from Him, half of the day had sped by. Thankfully, my thirst for Him made me aware of this and I changed. I put on hold all the things that would keep me from my Lover and entered His presence, forgot everything else as I drunk and fed from Him at His feet. His presence was so sweet that no matter how excellent my housekeeping skills were, I chose to turn my back to my house chores and turned my face to my Master. Everything else came secondary to GOD and my special time with Him. I take this with me everywhere I go.
 
When GOD VISITS, we should stop whatever we are doing and simply BE. It is an experience that I have lived and continue to live but cannot describe it well enough to you. He yearns to be with you and is in fact sitting in your sitting room waiting for you but you are doing everything else but sitting at His feet!
 
Prayer
 
Dear GOD, I am sorry that I have been more concerned about taking care of my household chores than I have been about being in your presence. Please forgive me. Today, I choose to put you first in everything. I choose to put everything on hold while I sit at your feet and feed from your plate. I thank you, LORD, because you have enabled me to make this choice but also that you have done it through me. In Jesus’ name, I have prayed, amen.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment