Sunday 11 October 2015

I AM HIS AND I AM NEW!

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation” (2Corinthians 5:17-18).
 
Has someone ever made a comment to someone else but that was directed at you? Well, that happened to me recently. What she said reeked of all that I did before I met Christ and He washed me clean. Suddenly, I felt guilty and started down the bumpy and dusty road of self-condemnation! Thankfully, the Spirit of GOD was quick to remind me of who I am now - I am His and I am new! In a few minutes after that, the hand of GOD quickly shoved those negative emotions aside and reminded me that I am a new person in Christ Jesus.

You see, GOD uses that part of my life to minister to many. Although I would have chosen to live that part of my life differently, I am glad that I lived it that way because GOD uses my testimony to minister to many women out there.
 
“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool” (Isaiah 1:18).
 
Yes, we have all had a life before Christ... one that did not glorify Him at all. We were bad...in fact; we flinch whenever we rewind all that we did then. However, the blood of Jesus that washes as white as snow has now washed us clean and taken away all our dirt. In fact, some of us have done what we should not have done even after we gave our lives to Christ but then we confessed our sins, repented, and started all over again. GOD forgave us even then! However, sometimes, the people who knew us before then are quick to remind us in comments and, sometimes, direct assault about who we were then. For a moment, we too, cringe inside and nearly take that journey with them. In fact, we take a step towards self-blame and guilt. Nonetheless, the Spirit of GOD is always alert. He reminds us that we have been changed and that we are no longer who we were then. HE MADE US NEW!
 
Today, I would like to tell you that many who knew you before will try to take you back there but do not let them do that. Do not let anyone take you back there. You must know who you are now but you must also appreciate who you were back then. You see, who you were ironically prepared you for who you are now. GOD used it to give you a testimony and a ministry. He used what you were and what you had to go through so that you could help someone out there. Maybe, you went through all that so that you could help me...or maybe I went through all that stuff so that I could be a blessing to you. Therefore, I encourage you to take heart and remember this whenever someone tries to remind you of your old self.

Remember that YOU ARE HIS and that YOU ARE NEW! In addition to this, remember that when GOD washed you, He did a good job and that no trace of your dirt remains!
 
Prayer
 
Dear GOD, I thank you that you washed me clean when I gave my life to you and confessed Jesus Christ (your Son) as my personal Savior. However, sometimes, people make comments that remind me of who I once was. These comments make me cringe inside and condemn myself. Please forgive me.
 
LORD, I know that people shall always be there to remind me of the old me. However, I ask you to make me so confident in who I am now but also in the cleansing power of your blood that I am not moved by their comments. May I remember that I am now a new creature in Christ Jesus, that I have been changed, and that old man has been buried and will never rise again. I thank you, LORD, because you have done it. In Jesus’ name, I have prayed, amen.
 
Prayer for salvation
 
Lord Jesus, I am tired of living this way. I know that this lifestyle does not glorify you in any way. Please forgive me. I confess my sins right now and choose to walk away from this lifestyle. Lord Jesus, wash me clean. Give me a new life and give me the strength not to return to my old lifestyle.
 
Jesus, I believe with my heart and confess with my mouth that you are the Son of GOD. I believe that you took my sins and my shame away. Lord, I believe that you were crucified on the cross and that you died for me, were buried and that you rose again on the third day. I now ask you to come into my life and be my Lord and Savior. I give you all my thoughts and actions and I ask you to live through me. Holy Spirit, please come into my life and teach me how to live for you. Give me the grace never to backslide or turn to any religion. Lord, lead me to the right Church where I will be baptized by immersion but also in which I will do all that you require me to do there. I thank you, Lord, because you have done it. In Jesus’ name, I have prayed, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment