Tuesday 21 July 2015

GOD Answers Simple Prayers


It is unfortunate that we often wait to say some ‘complicated’ or long-winded prayers thinking that GOD will only hear us then. It is also sad that we wait to receive answers to our prayers after a long time yet GOD will often answer immediately! If we simplify our prayers, GOD will also simplify His response. In other words, when we speak to Him using simple methods He will also respond in kind using simple methods!

Yesterday, in order to inspire a Muslim woman who is paralyzed from the waist down and is now bed ridden I decided to send her another set (twelve) of my poems. However, the internet connection was very slow and just as I was about to lose my peace about it I said a ‘halfhearted’ prayer asking GOD to bridge the gap between the uploading circle. Okay, in case I confused you, what I refer to as the ‘uploading circle’ is that circle that appears on a file while you are uploading or downloading it. My apologies to the computer wizards for lack of proper jargon.

Now, I went ahead and took care of other things only to return and find that almost all of the poems had already been uploaded! You see, I had said a halfhearted prayer in a very uncomplicated way and then took my attention off the problem! I even thanked GOD for bridging the gap between the two ends of the circle before I saw any results!

Psalm 69:30-31

“I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs.”

Therefore, today, I want to encourage you to say what you would consider a simple prayer, take your eyes off your circumstance, thank GOD for answering your prayer, and then take care of other things. I also would like to encourage you that what you considered a halfhearted prayer was heard by GOD and your answer is you are about to receive your answer!

GOD BLESS YOU.   

No comments:

Post a Comment