Wednesday 1 April 2015

JABEZ (amended)


I admit that GOD has given me a similar word on two different occasions but in two different 'places'. I published it on my zionmukisa.blogspot.com account ('You') and then on a Facebook page that I manage called 'Born-Again Woman...CLEARED TO GO. I now know that GOD will often do things like this because someone who has never read it needs it or for emphasis to someone who has read it before. Regardless of His reasons for doing it, however, GOD wants you to hear it again if you have already heard it before.

“Jabez was more honourable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.” Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request”. (1Chronicles 4:9-10)

Even if you are more honorable than your brothers, there are some negative connotations attached to your birth given name. GOD says that if you call out to Him now concerning this issue, He will hear you just as He did Jabez. He will change those negative implications and replace them with positive ones.

GOD will bless you indeed and enlarge your territory. His hand will be upon you and He will keep you from harm so that you are free from pain. You will realize that Jabez did not have a name change but merely prayed about the circumstances surrounding his name. Even if he was more honorable than his brothers, he still asked GOD to bless him indeed - it probably had nothing to do with 'honor' but with blessing, enlargement, and safety or peace. Until that moment, Jabez must have lived a life of pain even with the honor that was associated with him. Even if he seemed to have it all, he did not really. He needed more...

This may be you. Yes, you may seem to be honorable but there is something associated with the circumstances under which you were birthed that brings you pain. Well, GOD wants to change that today. 

Let us pray. 

Prayer

Dear GOD, I thank you that you have remembered me. I also thank you for making me more honorable than my brothers. However, because of the circumstances that influenced my birth, I was given a name that has brought me pain until now. Therefore, I ask you to bless me indeed and enlarge my territory so that I may glorify your name. Let your hand be with me and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain. I thank you, LORD, because you granted my request. In JESUS’ name, I have prayed, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment