Tuesday 14 June 2016

Sling Stones

22nd March 2013
 
 “This is the time when wars will be won with sling stones (David’s sling stones). Giants will be slain using very simple methods that could be easily passed over”.
 
 
“Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell face down on the ground. So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him” (1Samuel 17:49-50).
 
I met David a few months back. He is all of two years old. David never proceeds past the threshold of my office no matter how much I usher him in. However, today, things were different! David walked in, tenderly, putting one tiny foot after another. I was nicely surprised. I lifted him onto a chair and noticed that he was holding a stone...a small rock in his hand. However, as he gently settled into his seat, it fell out of his hand and I thought that he would forget it. I was wrong. As soon as he was ready to leave, he picked up his stone and left with it!
 
As usual, this situation led along the spiritual road and the Spirit of the living GOD reminded me of one prophetic word that He gave me years back. I knew that this was happening now. I knew that little king David had come to deliver a word from GOD and that wars would be won using sling stones, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment