Tuesday 22 September 2015

'Hebron' - FAITH


“And they told him, and said, We came unto the land whither thou sentest us, and surely it floweth with milk and honey; and this is the fruit of it. Nevertheless the people be strong that dwell in the land, and the cities are walled, and very great: and moreover we saw the children of Anak there. The Amalekites dwell in the land of the south: and the Hittites, and the Jebusites, and the Amorites, dwell in the mountains: and the Canaanites dwell by the sea, and by the coast of Jordan. And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight” (Numbers 13:27-33).

 

 

After I wrote ‘Hebron’ (http://zionmukisa.blogspot.ug/2013/06/hebron.html), I kept feeling that I had not exhausted it fully. Therefore, I continued asking GOD to give me the entire meaning of the word, ‘Hebron’ and He did.

 

Now, about two nights ago, I had a dream in which GOD gave me the complete meaning of ‘Hebron’. He showed me a sentence and then explained to me in one word, ‘FAITH’. He told me that Hebron stands for faith. To be honest with you, I do not even remember the rest of the sentence but only the word, ‘FAITH’.

 

I then understood that at the time that I wrote that word, GOD was calling us to a place of faith concerning His promise. He is still calling us to that place - He wants you and me to believe the promise that He gave us just as Caleb and Joshua did. Yes, the ‘children of Anak’ may be in the land that He promised us but He is more than able to drive them out. All He wants from us is faith. We need to acknowledge that ‘anakites’ are there indeed, but that GOD is stronger than they are and will drive them out before us.

 

“But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it” (Numbers 14:24).

 

You will agree with me that it was because Caleb believed that GOD would do it that He gave him Hebron. Similarly, GOD will give us the land of our inheritance if we hold on to our faith about acquiring the Promised Land against all odds.


“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us” (Ephesians 3:20).

 

The odds or the children of Anak stand for all that seems like a challenge to your acquiring the land. They could be finances, or even people or only one person. Yes, those challenges seem insurmountable but today GOD is telling you to stand firm in your faith. He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that you ask or think but only according to the power that works in you!

 

Prayer

 

Dear GOD, I confess that I saw the child of the anak in the land that you promised me and I lost my faith for a while. Please forgive me. I am now back to my place of faith, LORD. Give me the grace to believe your word that you have indeed given me the land. Holy Spirit, whenever I am about to lose sight of my promise remind me of all that GOD has done for me. Help me keep the faith that the GOD who promised me the land is the same GOD who will ensure that I get it against all odds. Father, give me the grace to follow you wholeheartedly like Caleb did even as you give me his spirit... a different spirit. Father, activate your power in me so that you can do exceeding abundantly more than I can ever ask or think. In Jesus’ name, I have prayed, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment